The Slim Framework support forum has moved to http://discourse.slimframework.com. This Tender forum is no longer maintained or monitored.

PHaiku, static pages manager

Haijin

02 May, 2014 08:38 PM

PHaiku is a fast and simple static website manager, created with Slim.

What makes PHaiku different is it's extensibility, themability and a simple way to create widgets that can be as simple or as complicated as you like.

I made PHaiku as an excercice and proof of concept, but I started to love it's simplicity and power.
You can see PHaiku's demo website with all documentation here
http://phaiku.gresak.net
and you're welcome to fork it on github.

You're also very encouraged to review the code and discus it either here or via Disqus.

It's released under GPL V2

1. 1 Posted by rubenvincenten on 18 Sep, 2014 04:40 PM

No composer support :)?

Woud be nice to just be able to run create-project:

composer create-project phaiku/phaiku mysite *

composer.json:

{
        "name":"phaiku/phaiku",
        "require": {
            "slim/slim":"2.*",
            "pimple/pimple":"*"
        }
    }

2. 2 Posted by Haijin on 19 Sep, 2014 06:46 AM

That would sure be nice, but I didn't have that in mind at the beginning. When writing this code, I was not very keen about composer by then, so I just used git to download dependencies directly in the root folder.

To implement that now, some code reorganisation would be necessary, but I'm on other projects right now. However, whoever woud like to fork my repo and do it would be very welcome, and I'd gladly accept the MR.

3. 3 Posted by rubenvincenten on 19 Sep, 2014 03:23 PM

The composer.json file would be all you need to add composer support. The only thing you’d have to do is add it to packagist :)

Op 19 sep. 2014, om 08:46 heeft Haijin <[email blocked]> het volgende geschreven:

4. 4 Posted by Robin on 08 Jan, 2015 07:10 AM

It would be cool to integrate it with the phpThumb support.
    Great work, would this be usable on a live website with quite some traffic or are you saying rather not yet?

http://mrphp.com.au/blog/image-cache-using-phpthumb-and-modrewrite

5. 5 Posted by Haijin on 08 Jan, 2015 10:59 AM

The latest stable version of Phaiku has composer support.

I am additionallly decoupling and refactoring the code further on, so it meets the php best standards.

The current master version is quite stable and fast especially since it uses full page cache. It should work well in high trafic environement.

Feel free to fork me and add phpThumb support. Just add it as a service to config/service.php and use it from the dependency injector container.

It would be preferable though, if phpThumb would be refactored as to meet modern coding standards http://www.phptherightway.com/

6. 6 Posted by Robin Klein Sch... on 08 Jan, 2015 01:12 PM

Ah i understand, great work.
    I am not a programmer myself, I know front end well, but I am a designer.

I am looking for a solution where maintaining the website is staying as
    close as possible top static file to minimize maintained and future proof.
    But also keeping the building close to front end technologies.

My second question would be, how about future plans I see slim hadn't been
    update for over a year. I tried top user out before and wanted top have
    another look when I found out about this project.

Den torsdag 8. januar 2015 skrev Haijin <
    [email blocked]> følgende:

7. 7 Posted by Haijin on 08 Jan, 2015 08:30 PM

Glad you mentioned that! As a matter of fact, I have rewritten Phaiku for use with Silex, but the code isn't tested yet in production and isn't published yet. The code is much cleaner in that version (I'll probably call it Phaiku 2) and it's fully compatible with the old version, only the routing configuration is slightly different.

If you're willing to test it, I can publish it by the end of the weekend.

But it is a fairly small project since I am so far the only one developping it. I use it for some of my clients, and I find it pretty usefull, so I will keep it at least updated if not upgraded with new features (yes, some gallery thing will come handy). However, the bus factor is pretty small here :) If more people would get interested it'd boost my will to add new features though :)

8. 8 Posted by Robin on 09 Jan, 2015 06:42 AM

With Silex sounds very interesting.

Is it easy to use the setup with json page content again, for blogs and other dynamic pages (instead of using a database).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac