The Slim Framework support forum has moved to http://discourse.slimframework.com. This Tender forum is no longer maintained or monitored.

Slim 3 - maybe too heavy?

lurid

11 Feb, 2016 08:49 PM

Hi folks,

several years ago I was using Slim Framework 2.0 for my API and own "framework", just for parsing GET/POST requests ... result: Slim is cool! Today I need to quickly make some minimalistic API bridge running on little embeded device and I'm in shock what Slim 3 is nowadays. From Slim 2 @ 220kB which is too big for my actual project, with Slim 3 I'm on 2,4MB (just with that "skeleton") and I found several 3rd party tools which I don't want, logging, some MVC stuff, etc, dunno ...

So, a) is it possible to strip Slim Framework to some really minimalistic just for handling requests or b) I have to use Slim 2.0 or c) can you recommend anything else? Limonade, Lumen, One? I just found those but don't know them.

Thanks for your advice, cheers.
Vaclav

1. 1 Posted by Jonathan on 12 Feb, 2016 03:44 AM

A large portion of the files in your vendor folder are going to be things like tests and documentation.

These can be deleted as part of a build process for your production code if you want.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac