The Slim Framework support forum has moved to http://discourse.slimframework.com. This Tender forum is no longer maintained or monitored.

Installing slim v3 without composer (e.g. on shared hosting environments)

Matthias Einbrodt

02 Nov, 2015 10:31 AM

Hi,

I was able to run slim 2 on a shared hosting environment without using composer. To do so I followed the following description: http://www.codediesel.com/php/how-to-manually-install-slim-framework/

Will the same or a similar approach also be possible with slim 3?

With best regards, Matthias

1. 1 Posted by Rob Allen on 02 Nov, 2015 10:34 AM

The best approach is to use composer in development and then add the vendor folder to your version control system,

You can then deploy the complete application to any server and do not need composer for deployment.

Regards,

Rob...

2. 2 Posted by mfarzanegan on 05 Jan, 2016 08:32 AM

This is my question too.
    I DONT have access to use composer

is there any way to use without any webserver configuration?

why did you named it MICROframework? it's a framework with these requirements.

3. 3 Posted by Rob Allen on 05 Jan, 2016 08:39 AM

Calling it a micro framework has nothing to do with the way dependencies are managed.

The PHP community has decided that composer is the way to manage dependencies in these same way that the NodeJS community uses npm, Perl uses CPAN, Python uses pop, Ruby uses gems, etc..

Please read https://akrabat.com/using-composer-with-shared-hosting/ for details on how to use Composer on your local computer to manage your project's dependencies so that you do NOT have to run composer anywhere else.

4. 4 Posted by Einbrodt Matthi... on 05 Jan, 2016 08:48 AM

I won't be in my office until January 5th, 2015.

However, I will check my E-Mails on a regular basis and will get back to you as soon as possible.

With best regards, Matthias Einbrodt

5. 5 Posted by chanh.ong on 05 Jan, 2016 10:51 PM

Some shared host do let you use composer but Rob Allen instruction is good if your host won't let you use composer.

6. 6 Posted by Marek on 28 Apr, 2017 06:02 PM

@ Rob Allen, Slim is often used to build APIs. There is no need to use Composer for such a thing. Standard router is completely fine. Installing Composer for a small project as API is just a waste of time.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac