The Slim Framework support forum has moved to http://discourse.slimframework.com. This Tender forum is no longer maintained or monitored.

Slim 3: Some questions!

Slimmer

01 Aug, 2015 11:27 AM

1) Is it possible to download a ready-to-use-ZIP like in Slim 2? Or do i really need that composer stuff? :(

2) I'm planning a webstore... should is use Slim 2.6 or better wait for Slim 3? I would choose Slim 3 (beta) but the docs aren't ready :(

3) Do the functions always have these 3 parameters now? function ($req, $res, $args)

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Andrew Smith on 01 Aug, 2015 11:36 AM

1) No zip, you should use composer.
    2) Use the one you are more familiar with, we don't recommend using beta software in production.
    3) yes this is the current default signature for methods.

2. 2 Posted by Slimmer on 01 Aug, 2015 11:57 AM

Hi Andrew,

ok i've used Composer now and this results in 2.600 files inside the S3-folder!

I mean Slim 2 was really "slim" with only 50 files...

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Andrew Smith on 01 Aug, 2015 12:08 PM

Yeah we have more dependencies in Slim 3, the actual Slim codebase itself is around 36 files, however we have dependencies now and that will push the amount of files up, the 2,600 files you are seeing are likely dev dependencies.

You need to install Slim with --no-dev when using composer to see the actual amount of files that you will need for production.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Andrew Smith on 01 Aug, 2015 12:27 PM

composer require slim/slim:"^3.0-beta1" --update-no-dev

That should get you Slim without dev dependencies, I did a count and noted only 104 php files.

If you are on OSX or Linux run find ./vendor -name "*.php" | wc -l inside your project root.

So we doubled our file count in order to have more flexibility and even better performance in most cases.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac