The Slim Framework support forum has moved to http://discourse.slimframework.com. This Tender forum is no longer maintained or monitored.

using GIT with slim

yahelba

20 Jul, 2012 03:16 PM

Hi,

I've created a new slim project using composer (http://www.slimframework.com/read/skeleton-application)
It also adds a GIT repo at my-app-name folder (the git repo of Slim-Skeleton), this make my own git repo conflict with it,
my own repo recognize Slim-Skeleton as a submodule and therefore does not track changes.

I wonder what would be the best practice for this scenario ?
should i write my own composer.json file ?
should i do any setup with GIT ?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Josh Lockhart on 20 Jul, 2012 07:12 PM

Creating a new Slim app using Composer and the Slim-Skeleton app is only useful to clone the Slim-Skeleton base files. I'd honestly wipe the .git directory and recreate your own with git init.

Josh

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Josh Lockhart on 20 Jul, 2012 07:13 PM

Your setup may be more complicated than what I'm thinking. In which case I'm not sure. Anyone else have suggestions?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Brian Nesbitt on 21 Jul, 2012 03:33 AM

I would have to agree from the description provided. Kill the .git folder and re-init your own. The history in the skeleton project is of no use at that point and you aren't going to track any changes from the skeleton since your app will be presumably modifying most of it. You still have the dependencies on the slim framework, slim extras and twig via composer which is more important.

4. 4 Posted by yahelba on 21 Jul, 2012 05:05 AM

No complicated setup.
    You're solution suite me best.

thank you.

5. yahelba closed this discussion on 21 Jul, 2012 05:06 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac