The Slim Framework support forum has moved to http://discourse.slimframework.com. This Tender forum is no longer maintained or monitored.

"could not find driver"?

D.G.

12 Jul, 2012 05:43 PM

Howdy all.

I think I'm making a simple error, but it's confusing. I have been developing a website using SLIM on a Linux box with the LAPP stack installed and SLIM has been working great. Today, I decided to also put the WAPP stack on my windows box to get a better feel for some of the css differences between browsers, but all my SLIM queries from the windows machine are failing. Each one returns the JSON:

{error not find driver}}

My linux box is still able to actively execute all the searches, so I know I'm communicating just fine. Does anyone know what causes this type of error and how to fix it?

1. 1 Posted by D.G. on 12 Jul, 2012 05:46 PM

Sorry, it appears I ran afoul of some auto-editing when I copied the JSON response in.

{ "error" : { "text" : could not find driver } }

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Brian Nesbitt on 12 Jul, 2012 05:48 PM

If you are using PDO and mysql it is probably because you don't have the extension for the pdo mysql driver uncommented in your php.ini.

Open your php.ini and uncomment the line that looks like ;extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll... ie. remove the initial semi-colon.

3. 3 Posted by D.G. on 12 Jul, 2012 06:08 PM

Awesome! Works perfectly now, thanks a bunch :)

4. Brian Nesbitt closed this discussion on 13 Jul, 2012 03:06 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac