The Slim Framework support forum has moved to http://discourse.slimframework.com. This Tender forum is no longer maintained or monitored.

Why and when would you choose a more 'heavy-going' framework

Keir Lavelle

25 Feb, 2013 01:40 PM

Hi everyone, abit of an open question this one but i've been using Slim for awhile and incorporated it into a couple of projects recently and I think it's fantastic, I drop in twig as my templating engine, idiorm for my DBAL, Swiftmailer for processing emails and I have a 'Home brewed' route for passing a route as controller/method/args, and I'm just wondering are my applications losing anything in terms of performance or security by not using a framework such as Laravel? Admittedly the projects are relatively small - the most recent has ~12 controllers, however I can't see maintainability being detrimented by use of a well planned Slim app structure anymore than if it was built using something like Laravel?

Your feedback would be much appreciated, namely when it's advisable to look at a more immersive framework, or can I be safe in teh knowledge that if I plan effectively Slim is as good as any?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brian Nesbitt on 25 Feb, 2013 06:54 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac